Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally over...

Chance as many of you know has had ear infection after ear infections. After 2 sets of tubes and having his adenoids removed he was still having problems. The Dr. in Pocatello made us an appt. with a ear nose and throat specialist at primary children's hospital.
They put him on antibiotic therapy which means he had to take them for 4 months along with singular and a nose steroid. After completing all of this he had a CT scan done of his head. It showed that all his sinus cavities were completely full of infection and past build up from having a sinus infection. The Dr. said he had severe sinus disease and that we needed to go in and enlarge the holes that drain the sinus cavities and scrape out any thickness or left over residual.After a long, long time worrying about my little buddy, it is finally over. He has been doing so good you can't even tell he had surgery. He will have to be on antibiotic for about 4 more months and then we will see how he does. Hopefully after over 40 ear infection and an insane amount of Motrin ,antibiotics, whining, Dr. visits every week our little guy can start to feel better!
Chance in the wagon ride, we were trying to cheer him up!
He took all his animals for a ride (thanks Casey for the little horse he loved it)

Heart breaking for me to see my baby like this!
Nothing that a little root beer slushy wont fix

On the way there. I don't think he was looking forward to what was coming???

9 comments:

Burrups said...

What a trooper! He is so cute!Hopefully all this will be behind him now.

Andrea said...

I'm glad things went so great for your boy! Primary's is amazing! We know that hospital well and I wouldn't take my kids anywhere else- such a blessing to have a somewhat-close Children's Hospital that is so spectacular.
Hope things stay good for your sweet boy! ~Andrea

Chandra said...

Oh! I'm so glad everything turned out ok, You are such an inspiration and a great example of faith. You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you!!!!

Brittney said...

I am glad everything is ok! Hopefully that will work! Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom like you!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Poor buddy!! I'm so glad it's all finally over!! Make sure you are giving him so probiotics after all those yucky abx's!! Poor thing, I sure miss you! I wished I could have been there for you guys, but I was a little laid up myself...

Love you!!

Monica said...

That would not be fun! I can't believe he has had that many ear infections! You must be some kind of mom to handle that and the surgery. I hope he's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of sweet little Chance hooked up to IV's in a hospital bed are so sad. It's just hard to your little ones in pain. He sure looked like he was handling it well, nothing like a good root beer slush (I'm convinced sugar is the best medicine there is ;) I'm so glad that he is feeling better and I can't imagine how relieved and happy that makes you. He is such a sweet heart, give him a hug for us. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am like the typo master, in that I mean that I make typo's like they are going out of style. What I meant to say in that second sentence was "It's just so hard to see your little ones in pain".

Danica said...

Oh my! I am so glad he is okay now. What a little trooper!