Sunday, January 30, 2011

Time fly's!



It seems like just yesterday I was thinking to myself, how am I ever going to manage 2 boys? And now I have three and Chance is turning 4 tomorrow! About 9 mo. ago Chances cousin Easton had a birthday, that made Chance start to wonder when it would be his birthday and from that time on we have been counting down to this special day. I finally told Chance about mid July he should stop asking everyday because it wouldn't be his birthday until it was snowy outside. Well I thought he had forgotten. Then the first snow storm came and Chance came in the room cheering that today he was so excited because it was his birthday. I was confused why he thought it was that day and he reminded me that it was going to be his birthday when it snowed outside! So I once again stalled the asking by saying it won't be until after Christmas. So you guessed it, the day after Christmas he was sure it was another day of gifts! Luckily he was used to the let downs. This time I suggested we make a counted chain. So we cut out strips and made links for everyday counting down to his birthday. Every morning he goes straight to the scissors to cut one more day off! 

Chance really wanted to go to Maysi's gym this year for his birthday but the gym didn't have any openings. So when I told him we wouldn't be able to do that, I asked him what else sounded fun? He responded "I want to go to Aunt CoCo's house!" I said, what do you want to do there? He said "I just want to go see her!" She's very loved by my little boys! 

 Chance is such a sweet little boy and so much happier since his sinus infections have slowed down. He gets very excited over little things. Grandpa and Grandma Great sent him a birthday card in the mail this month and he was so thrilled! He opened it, and after we read it to him he continued to carry it around the house hugging it. He told Billy that night as he was still packing it around with him, "Dad me so happy me got this". It was so cute! He still has it sitting on his dresser and often opens it and just smiles!


 Chance is also learning the concept of $$$, well kind of! The other day we were at walmart and Chance had brought his wallet in because he had earned $2 and was wanting to buy something. Well a few months ago I gave him my shopko value card because he wanted to have a "credit card". So were in the check out line and I told Chance to pay the cashier, he pulled the shopko value card out of his wallet and said "Mom i'm just going to pay with my card today!" It was so funny and he couldn't figure out why I was laughing!
 Chance is such a blessing in our lives! I can't imagine our family with out his special spirit. He is all boy, but yet has such a sweet, sensitive heart! He is very aware of others feelings! Sometimes he will be crying and I'll ask him what hurts and he replies "my feeling do, willy bad" Time sure does fly, I truly can't believe that he is turning 4!! What a big boy!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE his newborn hair and his baby chub! So cute! Happy Birthday, Chance!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Happy birthday Chance!! Seems like just yesterday you called me to tell me you were preggo! Then when you thought you were loosing the pregnancy. But Heavenly Father gave your family a second "chance"! He is a beautiful boy!! Love you Chance!!