I wanted to take a moment and recognize someone who is as special as anyone I've ever met. Yesterday would have been his 21 birthday. Some people have a way of touching your heart just by a simple smile. Kutter had the ability to do that. So many times I've wondered why Heavenly Father would take such a wonderful spirit at such a young age. Over the last few years I've realized that Kutter was taken to help strengthen so many of his family members that needed his strengths in different ways. I've said so many prayers begging for comfort and for my heart to stop aching. I've come to the conclusion that my heart will never stop aching until we meet again. However I do know that my little brother is in good hands and that he is safe!
So many times when I'm feeling like we were all so cheated I remember the memories we have with him. With 2 older brothers and 4 older sister, Kutter was as well loved as any child could be. We would all just sit around and let him entertain us. 

So many times when I'm feeling like we were all so cheated I remember the memories we have with him. With 2 older brothers and 4 older sister, Kutter was as well loved as any child could be. We would all just sit around and let him entertain us. 
Kutter had a tender heart. He would always be so concerned if I was upset or sad. He was also afraid of the dark and would often come in my room at night to make sure "I" wasn't too scared. He would assure me he could sleep on my floor if it would help me not be too scared!

I loved playing cards with him. He couldn't figure out how to hold his hand of card, we would usually spend the whole time laughing about that.
When ever I would get upset with him he always seemed to pull out his corky little smile and it worked every time. 

The weekend my parents took me to Provo for college, Kutter cried most of the way home . He was upset that I was so scared to stay by myself. He couldn't believe my mom and dad would leave me there. He kept asking my mom to turn around and go get me.
The smell of Kutter and his bestfriend Tyson will never leave me either. Those 2 boys played all day outside and then begged me to take them places. I have never smelled 2 boys that smelled more like wet dogs. They thought it was so funny and would try to hug me and rub the smell onto me!

I have so many memories of Kutter and I hope that they will stay with me forever!I hope that by sharing his memories it will help keep him alive. I pray that our children will always feel like they know their uncle Kutter.
Kutter we love and miss you so much, you will always be in our hearts until we meet again! I can't wait to put my arms around you and see that smile again!HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!
Love, Jody


11 comments:
Kutter was such a funny kid! I remember him trying to get me jump off the 1st platform at Lava! I never did (because I was a big chicken!), but he was so insistent! What a good kid! I can't believe he would have been 21 already! Your family is so amazing! It is so nice to KNOW you will get to see him again someday!
That is crazy he would have been
21. He was the cutest little boy EVER! I remember one of the times I went with your family somewhere, maybe filer or something, Kutter was just little ... a baby and he started crying and right away everyone in the car began to clap, and you all didn't stop till he stopper crying... I asked what you guys were doing and you said you always do that if he crys and it always calms him down to know your all there. Your right, he had SO much love from all, even though he was taken way to young. I love and miss you Kutt!
Jode,
I am so glad I was able to meet him! I honestly believe that Heavenly Father placed you in my life at exactly the right time. I have learned so much from watching your family go through this difficult trial!! You guys are all so strong!!! I know he is so proud of you and your little family! I can't believe he would be 21!! That seems crazy!!I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to call you yesterday! Life has just been crazy around here, but I did think of you all day! I love you Jode!!! You are one of the most specialist people in my ENTIRE life!!!! I love you!!!
Jody ~
I have been thinking of Kutter and your family also. I was going to call your Mom but didn't get it done. You are all amazing and what an example you all are. You are an amazing sister to write such a touching tribute to "Baby Kutter" as we all used to call him. I can't wait to give him a big hug as well and I'm glad that I have a testimony that I will someday! You are a great example.
Love ya Jode!
Aunt Kimi
What a neat tribute Jody.
Hey Jody...You touched some heartstrings tonight!!! Wow, it seems like it was only yesterday when we were sitting at his funeral. I remember how touched I was by the amazing speakers and the primary children, they showed their tribute and great support that day by lining the sidewalks. Someday I am sure that your family will have all the answers, but for now, hang in there. You are a great strength and support to me every single day and I am so appreciative. We love you!!!
I can just feel how much you and your family loved Kutter, what a beuatiful tribute! Thanks for sharing!
I wish I could have met Kutter, he sounds like such an awesome kid (and tender-hearted). That was such a sweet post (it brought me to tears). The gospel is the greatest blessing in the world, there is not way we could make it through trails like that without it. In a way I have felt like I've met him just because of the stories I've heard and how much you and your family try to keep him in your lives. You guys are such a special family.
I loved reading this post Jody and how much you guys love Kutter. He was special and what a great tribute. I loved looking at all the pictures too. It brought back some memories.
Jode,
His adjusted age means the age he "should" be if he wasn't born premature. That's what they go by when measuring his weights and lengths and also when measuring all his milestones he should be hitting. If he was born on time he would only be 3 months old.
THINK OF KUTTER OFTEN, ALL YOUR BLOG PICS ARE GREAT LOVE YOUR STORIES. CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE YOUR BLOG SOONER, LOVED IT
Post a Comment