Saturday, April 9, 2011

Moab Marathon 2011

Well it all started a few months back on a Sunday evening I mentioned to my Mom that I was going to sign up for the Moab 1/2 Marathon. I asked her knowing she would say "no I don't run unless I'm being chased" but I decided to ask anyway. When she said sure sign me up and handed me her card, I ran and signed her up before she could change her mind! Courtney and Jamie decided to join in the fun, they figured what a better time to run then with my Mom!
My Mom had a few obstacles in her way, 2 weeks in Cabo, another 2 weeks on a cruise, sore feet and a sore neck. You would think with all these excuses I would let her slide but I was very persistent! The picture below is my Mom on the ride down. I thought she looked like a true runner!!!
 And every true runner needs a good pre run stretch!

This was us before the run, we thought we should get one before just in case we happened to not make it through it!

 We all put "running for Kutt" On the back of our shirts

 We all finished! I was so proud of my Mom and Sisters, running was not there idea of fun. They trained and finished the race and I think some of them might even continue to run! My Dad was such a great sport to drive us all the way to Moab and back just for a quick run, we love him and his support for us!!

 This is how many other people are as crazy as we are to run 13.1 miles!!!

0 comments: