Sunday, January 25, 2009

CABO SAN LUCAS HERE WE COME!!!

So our adventure to Cabo San Lucas started Jan. 12 2009. We planned to leave for Boise at 2:30pm. My severe anxiety about leaving my kids for 9 day was already setting in about 1yr.ago, but it was getting worse that morning as I started doing my final packing. Travis, Nicole and Kaydence showed up around 1:30 and I'm sure Nicole thought I was some kind of babbling crazy person because I was sure I was going to forget to tell her something of very high priority! Well 2:30 came and I did pretty good until we dropped Kash off with my Aunt Vera and Grandma Great. That's when the knot in my throat seemed ginormous and the tears started to flow.
We made it to Boise just in time to start the trip out right with a hearty dinner. After dinner we checked into our motel. I might add, I think Billy and I may have not been sleeping alone that night. And I'm not talking about our roomies Josh and Cheri. I'm very certain there were some bed bugs snuggled under our buns. But hey you can't have luxury every night right!

Day One was fabulous we were only traveling with Josh and Cheri, not 10 other people. So with that in mind and a Valium to boot it was smooth sailing, well flying actually. We also had a 2 hour lay over in Phoenix which just so happens to be where my BFF lives so I was able so see her and her kids. When we arrived at the Hotel, Billy and I we're ready to hit the beach so we changed out of our sweatshirts and parkas and went for a 2 hour walk on the beach.
When our family finally arrived we all ate dinner at at place just down from our hotel. It was heavenly. While we waited for our food we all sat around the bon fire, laughing and having a good time! I kept looking out at the beach thinking "WOW this is truly amazing!!!"
Day 2.... to be continued

6 comments:

The Briscoe Bunch said...

Yea, I love Mexico! It sounds like the trip started out good. I love your comments about leaving your kids. That is the very hardest part! Looking forward to the rest of the trip. Way cute family picture!

Chandra said...

A) That picture of you guys at the top of your blog is absolutley beautiful!
B) Looks like you guys had sooo much fun on your vaca! It must have been so hard leaving the kiddos (I have a hard time leaving parker in the nursery...) But I'm glad you could relax a little and enjoy the beach! That's where Tanner and I went on our honeymoon!
Cant wait to see more!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this post! You know your living the high life when you can do a post on each day of your vacation! Oh my word, that looks so awesome to go to a restaurant right on the beach hangin out around the fire before the meal arrives! I love the pictures of everyone, especially the lone rider Courtney ;)
Oh and I never thought you were crazy Jody. You are just such an amazing mom and I could tell that from watching your boys and how much they absolutely adore you.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Yes! I made the blog!!! Miss you!

Erin said...

Hi Jody! You can join the club: EVERYBODY thinks that Kenley looks like Shay. Even MY mother... So, I guess maybe she really does! :)
I'm so jealous of your vacation and can't wait to read more about it...

Anonymous said...

So fun!!!! It looks like life is grand!!! Where were you when you had bed partners???
Love you and can't wait for more,
Aunt Kimi