Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just Cuz my @#&!!!! 1/2 marathon!

This was my 3rd 1/2 marathon, I'm totally addicted! This one was alot of rolling hills which really took a toll on my legs! The first 3 miles was steep down hill, my average pace going down was about 7-7.5 min. mile. and lets just say 3 days later i'm still extremly sore!
It was so fun, my cousin Kaitlyn ran for her 1st time and so my Aunt Kim and Uncle Monte were there along with my Grandma and Grandpa Great to cheer us all on!
I loved seeing them and Billy with my boys, my Mom and Dad all along the 13 miles was very encouraging! Thank You for all of your support!
       


Tyler really wanted to run this one with me so I told them they could jump out towards the end and run with me for awhile! Chance wanted to join as well, but he learned pretty fast that it was alot more fun in the car with the treats!


This was all of us right before the race started! Emily, Kaitlyn, Candee, Me and My Aunt Kim (for moral support)

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

Looks like the weather was pretty nice for the race. I bet it was nice having your own private cheering section. The sore muscles thing doesn't sound too fun. Good thing you're young and can heal fast :0)
Way to go you speed demon!

Kim said...

I'm just so proud of you Jody!!! Again, you are "pretty much amazing!". And by the way ~ I'm not real fond of the last picture on your blog! Was there not a better one! It looks like I'm trying to catch flies!!!
Love you,
Aunt Kim

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

You are a rock star!! That's all.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I am so jealous! I want to run a marathon too but the one I want to do is $55... to run, I don't get it ;) You look AMAZING Jody! Seriously you are one hot momma!!! Kim told me about how great you were to help Kaitlin through it because she was sick, you are pretty much the sweetest person ever. I wish we could see you guys more and anytime I hear about you or see your blog it makes me REALLY want to see you guys again!