Thursday, June 2, 2011

Missing Grams!

 Last weekend we went camping so I didn't see Grams for 3 days! When I went inside the nursing home she was leaning over on the couch onto her pillows. I thought it was a great opportunity to replace the pillows with myself! I sat there for over an hour with her laying in my arms. I told her all the stories of Memorial day camping in the mud and snow while she just mumbled. The nurse finally brought me a Kleenex when she noticed I was once again having a problem with my eyes leaking! I couldn't help but think of all the stories that I have always loved to share with Grandma, I think it was because it didn't matter what it was she always acted as if it was the best one she had ever heard! As I sat there asking her how she was, what she had for lunch, if she was happy,ext.? I finally came to the conclusion the conversation wasn't going to be happening today. So I just held her in my arms while she played with my fingers as if I she were a little baby just discovering them. My mind was thinking of all stories I'm going to have in the future and not going to be able to share. I feel like everyday I go visit her I lose her all over again! I was grateful to be able to sit there with her but oh how I missed my Grandma!!!!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Jody, you are the best grand daughter on the face of the planet. You are darling and I am sure your grandmother appreciates how much you love her and show her all the time. I am sure your Father in heaven is very pleased with your heartfelt service.

Wow...I am so inspired!