So I went to pick Ty up from school yesterday. The gates were locked by the play ground so Tyler informed me he would go through the school and meet me at the car. I sat there for a few minutes and started thinking it was taking him a long time. I looked over at the front doors to the school and could see that he was standing there holding the door. It looked like he was talking to someone. So I yelled "Ty come on, we're in a hurry" He didn't move and just looked at me and just as if I didn't say anything kept standing there. So I got out of the car and walked a little closer so he would know I was not joking, and called out again "Tyler lets go"
This time he shut the door just as a little boy made it though in time not to get hit by the door. I kept watching and noticed this little boy had "special needs" he had a hard time walking.
When Tyler finally got to me I asked him "What we're you doing"? He replied I passed that boy in the hall and noticed he might need help with the door. So I waited for him and held the door for him. Sorry it took so long but he doesn't walk very well.
I leaned over and gave Ty a big hug and told him how proud I was that he would choose to help someone in need. And apologized for my impatience.
It was a bitter sweet moment. Bitter because I realized I need to slow down and not always be so impatient and grouchy, Sweet because I realized I have taught my son to care for others.
So Long, September
4 weeks ago


8 comments:
Okay, so I am such a little boob. That was just such a sweet little thing Tyler did. You are such an amazing mom and it shows through your amazing boys!
That is so sweet!! What a great kid!
WoW! Way to go TY!!! Ya know what they say, they grow up to be just like their mama's!! You have ALWAYS had a soft heart for the "special needs" just look at um Jor I mean Crai I mean Larry!!!
What a great kid you have! Way to go MOM.
Oh my gosh! That is so cute! Tyler is such a nice boy! And you know that reflects on you! You are an awesome Mom and would have done the same thing yourself!
...things like that make all the hard days worth it! Good job for teaching him so well.
Tyler ~ I'm so proud of you for looking out for that other little boy! You are such an example! You are also an example to your little brothers and cousins and even a great aunt! Love ya Ty
Aunt Kimi
That story just made me cry!! I'm emtional you know this but he is so sweet. He had better of gotten the Cape thing in primary for that one!!!
Post a Comment