Last Sunday my mom gave the lesson in Sunday School. It was on marriage and family relations.
Since I spend my Sundays with 12 lovely primary children I was not able to attend. Billy however was.
He came home and ask me what things he use to do for me while we were dating or newly married. I thought for a moment and told him. You use to surprise me with Taco Bell out of the blue, make me cookies and bring them to me at work( This one doesn't really apply anymore), I also mentioned it had been along time since I've received a love note on the table, in my car, or hiding in various other locations in the house. Just to remind me how wonderful I am and how much he loves me!!!
So the next morning there was a note on the counter when I woke up, expressing how much he LOVED me and telling me to have a GREAT day! He also asked when he got home what he could do for me to help out. And suggested I go for a run while he bathed the boys and cleaned up dinner...Which for you moms out there. By the time dinner and bath time rolls around I'm beat!
Well while Billy and I we're dating I made him his favorite thing APPLE PIE, I even put I love you in the crust. He loved it so much he asked me to marry him. Sad thing is that was the last pie I've made since. WHOOPS! So last week Tyler and I decided to go to Grandma Cindy's and pick some apples out of her tree and make Billy and delicious apple pie. I told Tyler about this story and he could hardly wait to see Billy expression when he got home from work!
Billy, Hope you know how much I love and appreciate EVERYTHING you do for me and our family. You are such a good example to our boys and treat me like a PRINCESS! Thank you so much!
Love Jody
So Long, September
4 weeks ago



7 comments:
Jody ~~ It sounds like you have a winner there!!! Tyler is pretty dang cute in that pix. So... what was Billy's reaction when he came home to the home made apple pie???
Love you guys,
Aunt Kimi
Jody that pie looks wonderful!! Jod really one day I hope to have a marriage like yours and Billy's. I know you are going to think we are weird but Jenni and I being single talk about when we get married to our husbands one day and without fail we talk about what a cute relationship we think you and billy have. Sorry if thats weird but its true!
That is so sweet that you both want to do such nice things for each other!! You will always be happy if you keep doing that. How did the pie taste? It looks so yummy.
That is sweet that Billy was doing those sweet things for you. Love notes and helping out is the best way to communicate love. I hope they have that lesson in church next week ;) Trav is really great but I could use some love notes around the house. It is so important to make that effort to show each other how much you love them (for some reason it is so much easier to do when you were dating). I bet Billy loved that apple pie, it looks delicious (you might have to give me that recipe)
I am soooo forwarding this on to Tanner ASAP!ha ha
P.S. Your kitchen looks amazing
YUP, You definately got a winner!! I already knew that though!!
Post a Comment